The ex-boyfriend of pop star Ariana Grande who was found dead in his Studio City, California, home on Sept. 7, died of an accidental overdose of fentanyl, cocaine and alcohol at the age of 26.
The Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner-Coroner ruled in a statement released Monday that Miller’s death was accidental and due to mixed drug toxicity.
The autopsy was completed three days after the star’s death and his body was released to his family, who have since buried him in their hometown of Pittsburgh, according to Los Angeles County coroner’s spokeswoman Sarah Ardalani.
The coroner’s report reveals Miller was discovered on his bed, “kneeling with his face resting on his knees” by his personal assistant. After calling 911, the assistant moved Miller to the floor, where he performed CPR until emergency services arrived and pronounced the rapper dead.
The assistant later told authorities that Miller “struggles with sobriety and when he ‘slips’ he consumes them in excess,” adding that the musician had had “several recent ‘slips,’” the most recent being three days prior to his death.