1. Paul Pogba extended his brilliant record of Manchester United winning in all 11 career Premier League games he has scored with his latest strike against Leicester City. Pogba charm.
2. Do curses exist in football? Well, you can ask Harry Kane. After 13 games, 898 minutes and attempting 44 shots, Kane bizarrely awaits his first-ever Premier League goal in the month of August.
3. Maurizio Sarri established two unique records with Chelsea’s opening game victory. He extended a strong sequence of the Blues’ Italian managers winning their first Premier League matches and also led Chelsea to their biggest opening game victory under a new manager since Luiz Felipe Scolari exactly a decade ago.
4. For a second season running, Everton record signing Richardson netted on his Premier League debut (last season for Watford). Incidentally, he achieved both feats under one manager, Marco Silva.
5. We have seen some very weird squad numbers allotted in Premier League history, but perhaps none more than Wolverhampton Wanderers’ Portuguese goalkeeper Rui Patricio wearing number 11!
6. Unai Emery lost on his debut Premier League game in charge of Arsenal against Manchester City. But the big question is, has anything really changed about the Gunners and their approach to matches?
7. Should VAR be introduced in the Premier League? On the evidence of what we saw between Liverpool and West Ham at Anfield, it’s surely going to settle lots of controversies.