A family of four consisting of a middle aged man, his pregnant wife, and their two children aged between 3 and 5 years, have reportedly burnt to death following a fire incident at a building on Brimo Street within the Barriga area of Lagos.
According to some residents who were also the first respondents to the ugly incident, the fire allegedly started following a power outage in the area and the resort to the use of candle by the deceased man.
It was said that the candle may have burnt out causing the flame to catch on some flammable material which rapidly fueled a sizable inferno.
According to them, the fire would have spread to other buildings in the area if not for the quick intervention of the Lagos State Fire Service led by its Director, Mr Rasaq Fadipe, whose team quickly put off the fire.
Editor in Chief at Get247News. An interesting writer and digital marketer with a keen interest in politics, celebrity stories, and technology.