Following President Muhammadu Buhari’s resumption of duties at his office at the Presidential Villa, the BringBackOurGirls coalition of civil rights has said it will resume its daily protest march to the Presidential Villa, Abuja from next week Tuesday, November 14.
The spokesman of the coalition, Sesugh Akume, in a statement yesterday, Thursday, November 9, in Abuja, said it was now over 1,305 days since the abduction of the Chibok schoolgirls by Boko Haram Islamic terrorist group in Borno State, 113 of them were still in custody of the insurgency group.
He stated that nothing had been heard from the Federal Government since 82 of the schoolgirls were released in May, 2017.
Decrying the inability of the Federal Government to abide by and fulfill its commitment, Akume reiterated that President Muhammadu Buhari in his Independence Day broadcast on October 1 promised to ensure the release of the remaining girls, but sadly, the promise has not been fulfilled.
“Our movement therefore resumes daily marches to the State House, in order to refocus attention on the plight of our #ChibokGirls and all the incidences of abductions, killings, and general insecurity as well as the abysmally poor handling of the situations; to demand their immediate return.”
The statement concluded.
An interesting writer and digital marketer with a keen interest in politics and celebrity stories. You can reach me on email@example.com