Cross River APC Chieftain, Paul Adah Alleges Assassination Attempt

 The recent past member speaking to Cross River State in the leading group of the Niger Delta Development Commission, Mr. Paul Adah, on Monday raised the caution over gun shots before his home in Calabar.

Adah, who surrendered from the Peoples Democratic Party to All Progressives Congress (APC) said the occurrence happened at about 8 pm on Sunday and was the second attempt by obscure shooters in December 2015 who shot sporadically at his rooftop and walls in a presumed assassination attempt.

In this most recent move, he said two young fellows were captured after the gun shots before his home, with a Toyota Hilux van bearing an official number of the Cross River State Government.

“I was sitting within my compound with some friends when we heard some gun shots in front of my gate. “My security men were at alert and they responded from the inside. When they later opened the gate to find out what was happening, they saw two men who were inside a Hilux van with government registration number.

“We saw police outside who said that they have been monitoring the movement of the vehicle around the Asari-Iso area before tracing them to my close. One of the boys was arrested hiding under the flower.

“They were alleged to have hidden their guns when the police came. I cannot say I suspect a foul play but it will be coincidental to have gun shots at your building and will assume it is normal.”

Adah said that he was surprised that on getting to the state Housing Police Station on Monday, the suspects had been released on the account that there was no incriminating material found on them.

“I am embarrassed that the boys who were caught in front of my house could be released without taking a statement from them or my security detail. I do not know if this was a planned attack,” he said.

The state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Hafiz Inuwa, denied the claims that it was the assassination attempt. Inuwa said it was a case of two boys arguing in front of Adah’s house, adding that no incriminating item was recovered from the boys.

“Policemen were going around the area when they came across two people that were fighting. Nothing incriminating was recovered from them,” he said.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.