Immediately after the Monday launch, the White House was silent for up to 12 hours. No official statement or Trump tweet that night was sent out. On Tuesday morning, the White House released a statement from Trump warning the Kim regime that “all options are on the table.”
“Threatening and terrifying actions only fuel the North Korean regime’s isolation in the region and among all countries of the world,” Trump mentioned a statement.
During a campaign-style rally last week, Trump singled out a peaceful resolution to the years-old standoff with the North might be possible, Trump returned to his hawkish rhetoric similar to his “fire and fury” warning.
“And you see what’s going on in North Korea. All of a sudden, I don’t know — who knows. But I can tell you, what I said, that’s not strong enough,” Trump said, referring to his pledge to order “fire and fury” on the isolated nation if it doesn’t change its behavior.
“Some people said it’s too strong,” he added. “It’s not strong enough.”
“But Kim Jong Un, I respect the fact that I believe he is starting to respect us. I respect that fact very much. Respect that fact,” the commander-in-chief said. “And maybe — probably not — but maybe something positive can come about.”
Editor in Chief at Get247News. An interesting writer and digital marketer with a keen interest in politics, celebrity stories, and technology.