London Terror Attack, New Raids On

The London police have early Monday morning, 5th June, carried out raids at some compounds in Newham and Barking in connection with Saturday June 3 terror attack in London.

Recall that three assailants had on Saturday run over a number of pedestrians on London bridge with a van then later alighted stabbing and wounding many more including four police officers .

An eyewitness who gave his name as Eric, told the press that he heard shouts of “this is for Allah” from the assailants as they carried out the attack.

Information received so far indicates that seven people have been confirmed dead while scores were wounded. Although the police said they know the identity of the assailants, no names have been released yet.

Meanwhile condolences and goodwill messages have continued to pour into London from all over the world in solidarity with the British people  at this time of tragedy. World leaders have also used the opportunity to affirm their support in the fight against terrorism.

The British Prime Minister, Theresa May, has noted that the latest attack is the third in a space of just three months and that a lot of lives have been lost. She vowed that such evil cannot continue although she did not spell out any measures her government may have taken to prevent future occurrence.

However, public analysts and some security experts said there is no assurance that such attack would stop as long as there are still radical Islamic elements in Britain. Once those Islamic jihadists are there, it is only a matter of time before another bloody attack.